Quality of Place Adds Balance to Life
In 2016, Burlington was once again named the best mid-sized city to live!
Burlington has been consistently ranked as one of Canada’s Best Places to Live. This year, MoneySense magazine has named Burlington the best medium-sized city in which to live in Canada, the best place for new immigrants, and the fourth best place to retire in Canada. The MoneySense ranking gave Burlington top marks for “mild weather, low unemployment, high incomes, low crime, and a thriving arts community.” Maclean’s magazine ranked Halton region, Burlington’s home, as the safest regional municipality in Canada.
With a blend of vibrant neighbourhoods, Burlington offers a mix of opportunities for people to work here, do business here and live here, which translates into less time commuting, meaning more time to:
- Embrace nature at the Royal Botanical Gardens
- Enrich your experience at the many annual waterfront festivals
- Engage in kids soccer games at a local park
- Explore the Niagara Escarpment parks and trails and the Lake Ontario promenade
- Experience our vibrant downtown through dining and shopping outings
- Enjoy a cultural performance at The Burlington Performing Arts Centre